Enjoy this short interview with my favorite stand-up comedian in Asia!
GB LABRADOR (PHI)
1. What are the audiences in Manila like?
Answer : They are very universal and well-versed in English. They are extremely Western and you can talk about Hollywood movies and the pop culture and they would know the references. They are very family-oriented and even though majority are Roman Catholic, they are open to any topics. They are very open-minded about the content you have to offer. As long as you mean for it to be a joke and it's not in bad taste. Basically, know how to have a good laugh.
2. We understand you head the new comedy production house called 'Comedy Manila'. In fact, some call it a revolution. At what stage is this revolution and what are the exciting things we will get to notice in the near future?
Answer : We are at the stage of building our comedy audiences and are hitting colleges and universities You can look out for new headliners and new upcoming comedians like Red Ollero, Victor Anastascio and James Caraan.
3. What is a fun bit about Manila that you have?
I always poke fun of the president and how we are a third world country but we focus more on saving dolphins than starving people.
4. What would be your advice to up and coming stand-up comedians?
Do it for the love of telling jokes. Nothing else. Everything else will follow.
5. How do we contact you for gigs, or if any of the comedians from around Asia want to do some spots in Manila?
Just message Comedy Manila on Facebook/twitter and if you want me to do a gig - just contact my sister Sharul Channa- the woman of steel!
Hope you enjoyed this one. ;)
Love and Laughter,